Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Reasons for using ICT in the classroom

The first month of the ICT class I had a little knowledge on how technology can be used in the education. Most of us were not that aware about the ICT usage and how it would make everyday teaching a lot more effective. Since first year itself we had been learning about ICT and now that I reflect on it we were unaware that it would have helped us in so many ways. Keeping in mind all the benefits of the ICT usage I am glad that could make use of it during my teaching practice.

During the six months of teaching practice I tried to make my class as digitally active as I could. For most of the lessons I planned included some sort of technology, be it power point presentation, video lesson or audio lessons. Since the children are mostly exposed to technology nowadays, most of the students find the usage of ICT in the class really effective. The students were more attentive when i showed them the video lessons and i noticed that they could recall the lessons well. Due to which i was more motivated to teach children using the ICT.

Furthermore, I was more aware of both positive and negative uses of ICT in the class. It happened to me that in one of the class I was supposed to take the students in the IT lab. I gave clear instruction on what they were supposed to do and which cite they were supposed to browse. But the moment I took them in the lab they were acting restless and also found out that they were not at all interested in learning the lesson. The exposure made them browse information which were not at all related to the lesson. After that class I had a feeling that I should not have taken them to the IT lab.


Based on what i have experienced during my teaching practice i would say that usage of technology is good to most of the extend. But I should also be careful as to what kind of information the students are exposed to. Acting as a facilitator but remaining dormant might not only harm my lessons but it might mostly harm the students learning. I learnt that exposure is really good while teaching but what I should be more careful is the kind of information students are exposed to. Introducing ICT in classroom  made the lesson more effective and as a future teacher I should make a really effective use of ICT in the class.

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully analyzed and I found it very systematic. In the sense that the sequencing of the information is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well reflected on the reasons of using ICT in the class and i found everything relevant and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much sharing the significance of use ICT in the classroom which i think is essential to know in 21st century.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its good to see that you now are aware of use of ICT in classroom with its cons and pros.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully reflected piece with very appropriate and defending reasons for the usage if ICT in the classroom. It was very helpful. Enjoyed reading it. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Through going your reflection, I could understand that, you have know aware of integration of ICT in your lesson, which is current padalogy. Great job

    ReplyDelete